Sunday, July 27, 2014

Leonardo da Vinci

Leonardo Da Vinci: Giants of Science #1Leonardo Da Vinci: Giants of Science #1 by Kathleen Krull
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was rather disappointed in this book. da Vinci was such a fascinating man, painter and inventor, that I feel a book for young people must at least include illustrations of his many sketches. This book does not do that, and it's a shame. There are so many excellent biographies for middle school and high school readers today, which captivate our interests. I fear that when a middle school student takes this book off the shelf, and sees virtually no illustrations, maps or portraits, they will not give this book a chance. I know that this book is part of the Giants of Science series, and the author does not elaborate on the artistic side of da Vinci, but there could still be illustrations of his inventions. There is some very good information, and I do hope that some young people will at least try to read this.


View all my reviews

No comments: