Saturday, July 26, 2014

Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I know a lot of 8th grade girls are going to disagree with me, but I did not love this novel. I liked the setting, South Carolina, and the fact that there was a touch of Civil War history, and I did like the characters, Ethan and Lena, and I was rooting for them as a couple, but...
The story takes place in a small town, where Ethan is in high school, on the basketball team, but is mourning the death of his mom. His father has hidden himself away in his room, and so when Lena comes in to town and begins school, Ethan feels as if he instantly connects to her. That's probably because he has been dreaming about her every night, even though he had never met her before. But strange things happen around Lena, she can make windows shatter, and storms weak havoc.
I thought this was a bit drawn out, lots of repetition, but young ladies who love romance, psychic phenomena and weird families, will love this.


View all my reviews

No comments: