Friday, May 05, 2017

Review: Ender's Game

Ender's Game Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't know where I was when this book was first published back in 1986, but I'm very glad I found it in the Maxson MS Library! This book is awesome! I could not put it down. The writing was brilliant, as the battles and training games were so well done, that I could actually picture them so vividly in my mind. This is the story of Ender, and his forced journey to become a Battle commander, even at the young age of 11. I know, it seems far-fetched, but the author, Card, makes it quite believable. Ender is special, he has been monitored from a young age by the powers that be, as someone who is destined to be great. Ender has a vicious older brother, who torments him and his beloved sister, Valentine. But at the young age of 11, Ender is taken away from his family to head to Battle School. The world is in danger from an alien attack, and Ender might be the only one that can save it. And so it begins!

View all my reviews

No comments: