Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

The Boy in the Striped PajamasThe Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had heard so much about this book, so I decided to read it for myself.  This is a story told through the eyes of young Bruno, a German boy, who does not understand what is going on in his country. He knows that his father is an officer in the military, but does not understand why his family had to move to a place he calls "Out-With". When Bruno goes exploring one day in his new home, he meets a young boy around his age, who lives on the other side of the fence at "Out-With", and they become fast friends. This is a very simply-written tale, but it is not a book I would recommend for students to learn about the Holocaust or World War II. I would heartily recommend my favorite, The Book Thief.


View all my reviews

No comments: