Monday, February 09, 2015

A Mango-Shaped Space

A Mango-Shaped SpaceA Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I so enjoyed "Every Soul a Star" by Wendy Mass, and so I thought I would try one of her earlier books,  written way back in 2003. Mia seems to be a typical 12 year-old girl, except, she sees colors. No, not the way most of us see colors, she sees letters, sounds and numbers in colors. She keeps this secret to herself, after being humiliated way back in third grade,until one day at the supermarket, she realizes she may not be the only person with this "gift". This is a story of family, friendships, and losing loved ones, all wrapped up in learning about synesthesia. Yes, there is a condition where you may see colors, and it can be a very cool experience.


View all my reviews

No comments: