Sunday, January 26, 2014

Within Reach My Everest Story

Within Reach: My Everest Story Within Reach: My Everest Story by Mark Pfetzer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a very interesting story of a young boy's determination to climb Mt. Everest. It is not just a thirteen year-old's fantasy, Mark is so focused and willing, that he gives up at least 3 high school years to pursue this quest. It is told as if Mark is keeping a journal, from when he first discovers mountain climbing on a camping trip when he is in the seventh grade. Mark becomes obsessed with climbing, and like any obsessed kid, it becomes his heart's desire to find a way to eventually climb Everest. I will say, I am pretty amazed at how he came up with the money to do all the traveling, buy the equipment and train on "smaller" mountains until he goes for Everest. Obviously, he is not your typical teenager. This is an amazing journey, and it is told through Mark's teenage eyes.


View all my reviews

No comments: