Sunday, January 05, 2014

A dog's Life The Autobiography of a Stray

A Dog's Life: Autobiography of a StrayA Dog's Life: Autobiography of a Stray by Ann M. Martin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Reading this book reminded me of Black Beauty, by Anna Sewell, which I read when I was a little girl, a long time ago. Even though I was a city girl, who had no pets at all, that book allowed me to see what a horse might be thinking or feeling as it meets up with both good and bad humans. Well, Ann M. Martin does a very good job on letting us see what life may be like for a stray dog. Squirrel and her brother Bone are born in a barn, and begin their lives as two close companions. As they grow a bit older, their mother leaves them, and eventually, Squirrel is on her own. There are good and bad humans, and good and bad animals, but the writing allows us to believe everything that Squirrel thinks and feels. This is a good story, even if you don't own a dog.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is a good book I love that book