Monday, August 29, 2016

Review: Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories

Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories by R.J. Palacio
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved Wonder. I thought it was well-written, and told a remarkable story. This book tells the story of other people that Augie encountered that first year at Beecher Prep. Three different stories that stand alone, and, they are all very entertaining. The Julian Chapter lets us see how some of the students were really mean and snarky to Augie. The Pluto chapter helps us to see friendship in a new light. And the Shingaling chapter is lots of fun, with lots of middle school "girl" drama. I hope that when 6th and 7th graders read this, it will help them look at their friendships, and kids in their classes, with a bit more empathy.

View all my reviews

No comments: