Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Review: The Closer: Young Readers Edition

The Closer: Young Readers Edition The Closer: Young Readers Edition by Mariano Rivera
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Let me say first, that I am NOT a Yankees fan, but I had heard so many good things about Mariano Rivera, that I felt I could read this book and enjoy it for the story. And I did. Mariano started out in life as a poor fisherman's son from Panama. He dropped out of school, and enjoyed playing soccer. His life and work ethic are something every young person needs to read. Once Mariano gets drafted by the Yankees, his life changes drastically, but the person, the young man, always stays true to himself. There is a lot of play-by-play in this book, so if you're in to baseball, you will certainly enjoy it. This is a remarkable sports success story, with a man I would want to be friends with.

View all my reviews

No comments: