Tuesday, May 06, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really liked Looking for Alaska, and so I was anticipating another excellent book from Mr. Green. I know a lot of teens have raved about this story, too. I was rather disappointed by it. The story is about two teens, Augustus and Hazel, who meet at a support group for teens battling cancer. Yikes, right? Mr. Green does not make this depressing, though, but rather amusing. They are extremely witty, intelligent teens, who are quite willing to face their horrific medical problems. I actually liked Hazel's parents, who come off as being very real people who are dealing with their teenage daughter who happens to be very sick. It's a love story, but more than that. I think girls will like this better than boys, and bring along your tissues.


View all my reviews

No comments: