Monday, January 21, 2013

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1)Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a very interesting and quirky book, and I have to admit, I don't think I've ever read such a weird story. Peculiar children is putting it mildly, these kids were downright scary. The story involves time travel, WWII, and some scary otherworldly beasts, that come together on a remote fishing island off of Scotland's coast. What was pretty unique about this book, is that there are "real" photographs to go along with the story, and you find yourself studying them. I was fascinated with the story, which becomes a page-turner, and I was slightly surprised at the ending.

This is a first novel for the author, Ransom Riggs, and I can't wait to see what comes next.


View all my reviews

No comments: