Tuesday, February 09, 2010

An Unlikely Friendship

An Unlikely Friendship: A Novel of Mary Todd Lincoln and Elizabeth Keckley (Great Episodes) An Unlikely Friendship: A Novel of Mary Todd Lincoln and Elizabeth Keckley by Ann Rinaldi


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was another incredible work of historical fiction by Ann Rinaldi. I learned some very interesting facts about Mary Todd Lincoln's childhood, that really added to my better understanding of the wife of my favorite American. Rinaldi gives the reader a look at life in the south from two very different perspectives, a young girl of privelige, and a young slave named Elizabeth. Elizabeth had an amazing life, overcoming all kinds of obstacles, to become a friend to the First Lady. A wonderful read.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: